The Stevens Family Top Fuel Dragster,
driven by Tim Gibson
Sponsor - The Stevens Family
Owner – Dave Stevens, Atlanta, GA
- Dave, his brother Rex, and their late father Paul Stevens, built many cars, and have been involved in drag racing all their life.
- The car is currently based at Rex’s shop in Oblong, Illinois (just outside Terra Haute, IN.)
Driver – Tim Gibson, Newport Beach, CA
- Graduated from UCLA in Aeronautical Engineering, 1990
- DOB: Sept 7, 1957
- Currently Engineer and Aerodynamicist for John Force Racing
- Worked for TRW Space and Defense, then Dan Gurney on IMSA GTP Toyota
- Driver of Bill Miller Engineering TF car 1995-2001, best ET: 4.59 at 316 MPH
- Designer of the Gibson/Miller Superchargers and Fuel Injection System
- Driver of Frank Hedge’s and Tom Shelar's vintage front-engine Top Fuel car, 2000-2003.
Only driver ever to qualify both modern rear-engine TF car and vintage front-engine TF car at the same race (NHRA 50th Anniversary race at Pomona, #1 qualifier in vintage car).
Crew chief – Rex Stevens
Car – Brad Anderson racing engine - forged aluminum block and heads,
Gibson/Miller fuel injection and scoop, 2001 McKinney chassis